Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Who are you and who am I?

With the development of internet,more and more different identities are applied nowadays, because all you have to do is to register and one fictional person come into birth.

After interviewing my classmates, I found one person particularly interesting. She has the most online identities among all the classmates I've interviewed, which is more than 10.She has facebook, twitter, MSN and many emails. Some of those identities are completely different from reality, such as age,gender,job. She thinks it's fun to use fake identities to communicate with people on line. And She feels unsafe to expose herself on the internet, the real her.

Comparing with mine,I'm quite simple. I have around 5 online identities, and they are some chatting tools, emails and blogs.They are more sensitive than the real me,because I think it dangerous to tell a person who really lives around you the real thoughts and feelings you have. I think that by using a fack online identity, you can express your real feelings and thoughts freely and escaping from the pressure you have from daily life. But there're some certain risks such as loss of your private information and causing trouble in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment